Meet the New Button Functions on OKIOCAM S
We’ve released a firmware update for OKIOCAM S, giving you access to brand new button functions. You’ll now be able to adjust the exposure and flip your OKIOCAM’s image in OKIOCAM apps and third-party apps (Zoom and Google Meet, for example) using only the buttons on the camera.
We’ve listened to your feedback. Having several of the buttons only work in OKIOCAM apps was something that quite a few users weren’t satisfied with. After updating your OKIOCAM, all the buttons will work in both OKIOCAM and third-party apps.
Note: The OKIOCAM S Firmware Update app is compatible with Windows and macOS only.
New OKIOCAM S Features
- Exposure buttons. Precisely fine-tune the level of exposure (brightness) using the white triangular and circular buttons.
- Flip button. Press the blue button to rotate your OKIOCAM’s image 180 degrees.
Note: Once you have updated the firmware of your OKIOCAM S, you’ll be unable to customize the functionality of the buttons within OKIOCAM apps. However, we believe that the new button functions are very useful and intuitive, and all users will enjoy them.
How to Update Your OKIOCAM S
- Connect your OKIOCAM to your computer using the attached USB cable.
- Go to www.okiolabs.com/download (click to open in a new tab).
- Under the Mac heading, click on OKIOCAM S Firmware Update to start the download.
- After the download has completed, click on the upward-facing arrow in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Select Show in Finder.
- After the file has opened in Finder, right-click on it and select Open With > Archive Utility (default).
- The file will be unzipped. Double-click on the unzipped folder to open it.
- After opening the folder, double-click on OKIOCAM S Firmware Update to launch it.
- You’ll see a message asking you to confirm that you wish to launch the program. Click Open.
- The OKIOCAM S Firmware Update app will open. Click Update.
- Confirm that you wish to proceed with the update by clicking OK.
- Your OKIOCAM’s firmware will then be updated. The process normally takes no more than several seconds. Once the update is complete, you will see the message below.
- Close the OKIOCAM S Firmware Update app and disconnect and reconnect your OKIOCAM.
- After reconnecting your OKIOCAM, you will see the message below. Click on the X in the top-left corner to close the OKIOCAM S Firmware Update app.
We hope you all enjoy the new features of your OKIOCAMs!
If you have any issues updating the firmware on your OKIOCAM, questions, or feedback for us, please contact our support team here.