Meet the New Button Functions on OKIOCAM S
After updating your OKIOCAM S’s firmware:
- You will not need to install any drivers for the buttons to work.
- All buttons will work in all third-party video recording and video conferencing apps.
We’ve released a firmware update for OKIOCAM S, giving you access to brand new button functions. You’ll now be able to adjust the exposure and flip your OKIOCAM’s image in OKIOCAM apps and third-party apps (Zoom and Google Meet, for example) using only the buttons on the camera.
We’ve listened to your feedback. Having several of the buttons only work in OKIOCAM apps was something that quite a few users weren’t satisfied with. After updating your OKIOCAM, all the buttons will work in both OKIOCAM and third-party apps.
Note: The OKIOCAM Firmware Update Tool is compatible with Windows and macOS only.
New OKIOCAM S Features
- Exposure buttons. Precisely fine-tune the level of exposure (brightness) using the white triangular and circular buttons.
- Flip button. Press the blue button to rotate your OKIOCAM’s image 180 degrees.
Note: Once you have updated the firmware of your OKIOCAM S, you’ll be unable to customize the functionality of the buttons within OKIOCAM apps. However, we believe that the new button functions are very useful and intuitive, and all users will enjoy them.
How to Update Your OKIOCAM S
- Connect your OKIOCAM to your computer using the attached USB cable.
- Go to www.okiolabs.com/download (click to open in a new tab).
- Under the Windows heading, click on OKIOCAM Firmware Update Tool to start the download.
- After the download has completed, click on the upward-facing arrow in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Select Show in folder.
- After File Explorer has opened, right-click on the downloaded file and select Extract All.
- In the new window that appears, select Extract.
- Once complete, the extracted .exe file will automatically open in a new File Explorer window, double-click on it.
- The OKIOCAM Firmware Update Tool will open. Click Update.
- Confirm that you wish to proceed with the update by clicking OK.
- Your OKIOCAM’s firmware will then be updated. The process normally takes no more than several seconds. Once the update is complete, you will see the message below. Disconnect and reconnect your OKIOCAM.
- After reconnecting your OKIOCAM, you will see the message below. Click on the X in the top-right corner to close the OKIOCAM Firmware Update Tool.
We hope you all enjoy the new features of your OKIOCAMs!
If you have any issues updating the firmware on your OKIOCAM, questions, or feedback for us, please contact our support team here.