We are so excited to announce the newest Chrome extension that works in conjunction with Google Meet and all of our existing products! The OKIOLABS Mirror Image Corrector Chrome extension allows you to correct the adjusted image that occurs when using Google Meet. Google Meet automatically mirrors the preview window (sender’s video). The OKIOLABS Mirror Image Corrector lets you alter the preview window by toggling between the unmirrored image as well as the mirrored image so that you are always in control of how you present your content!
Google Meet mirrors the preview window by default. While you are seeing the mirrored image, the person receiving your image does not see this. Unfortunately, there is no way to disable this feature on Google Meet. We have received multiple requests and questions concerning this issue, so our software team developed the OKIOLABS Mirror Image Corrector Chrome extension so that the displayed image that you see corresponds to the image received by the individual or party on the other side of the meeting. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We love receiving suggestions and we couldn’t be more proud to offer a solution to some issues that our OKIOLABS customers have been experiencing!
This extension works in conjunction with Google Meet which helps you to enable and disable the adjusted mirror image so that you can accurately see what you are writing, drawing, presenting, discussing, or creating! After downloading, you can use the extension by clicking the extension’s popup, and then you will be able to enable and disable the mirrored image.
- Go to the Google Chrome Web Store and search for OKIOLABS Mirror Image Corrector.
- Click “Add to Chrome”.
- Click “Add extension”.
- Once you have downloaded OKIOLABS Mirror Image Corrector and added it to your extension pack, you are able to utilize this feature in Google Meet.
- Enter a Google Meet meeting room and click on the puzzle piece icon at the top of the browser to the right of the search bar. This will pull up the list of extensions that you have available to use.
- Note: If you have a Google Meet room open when downloading the extension, please refresh and rejoin the meeting.
- From the Extensions dropdown menu, select OKIOLABS Mirror Image Corrector.
- This will open a popup with one button titled “Mirror/Unmirror”.
- You are able to click the button to toggle between the mirrored and unmirrored image.
Once again, thank you all so much for contributing to the betterment of OKIOLABS! If you have any questions, comments, or other suggestions please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook!